This is one of the first things I learned how to cook so I think it’s a good start point for other recipes. Shopping list items are in bold.
- I large clove of garlic, 1 onion both finely chopped
- Cover bottom of pan with olive oil
- Fry onion & garlic in oil on low heat till onion is soft
- Add 1 400 gram can of chopped tomatoes
- Simmer on low heat for 10mins
- Add about 20 fresh chopped basil leaves
- Boil 250 grams of pasta
- Salt & pepper.
- Add 1 x 160 gram can of Tuna
- Simmer on low heat for 10 mins.
- If it’s drying out a bit, add a little water & stir.
- Add sauce to pasta, serve with grated Parmesan.
If you can’t get fresh basil, other herbs like Oregano can work. If you like it hot, add some chilli. Parmesan is not essential. Works well as a sauce with no Tuna. If you don’t like fish but want protein, fry chicken or sausage chunks with onion & garlic at the begining. If you want to bulk it out a bit more, add mushrooms and/or peppers.